- This event has passed.
CampFire Retreat 2016 *Fire Mag Sponsor*
September 22, 2016 @ 2:00 PM - September 26, 2016 @ 12:00 PM$127.59
- Arrival begins at noon on Thursday, September 22nd. Interested in helping us set up on site? There’s a volunteer position for that (see volunteers tab).
- Gates open at noon on Thursday September 22nd. Departure is required for all participants by 6pm on Sunday, September 25th. No late departures please, with the exception of volunteers who are allowed to stay until noon on Monday September 26th.
- Be prepared for any and all weather conditions. – Autumn in Minnesota can offer a wide variety of weather conditions. Be prepared for sunny or cloudy skies, hot or cold temperatures, and the possibility of rain (or maybe even snow!). Classes will be held regardless of the elements. Some large shelters will be provided as available.
- CampFire is an all inclusive, community event. Respect is required. We gather to learn and share our individual skills, but also to grow as a community. Take care of each other, be neighborly, and share as you are able. Be prepared to enjoy time with your friends, reunite with old friends, and make new friends! We all share the same passion.
- Workshops occur all day Friday & Saturday.
- Everyone intending to fire dance at CampFire must attend one of the scheduled fire safety meetings.
- All participants must follow the stated Fire Rules, found below.
- This is a community-created participatory event. There will be no “audience”, as we all transcend the teacher and instructor role throughout the weekend. Be prepared to learn, teach, participate, and share your passions with other playful enthusiasts.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
- Anyone under 18 must be approved by CampFire, have a guardian present and have a liability waiver signed by a legal guardian
- CampFire is run by volunteers. All participants are expected to lend a hand. Please sign up for a volunteer shift on the website, prior to the event.
- No car camping will be allowed. Parking is a short walk from camping spots.
- CampFire is a Leave no Trace event, please take your trash with you.
- No pets allowed.
- No drugs, alcohol, or illegal activities of any kind are permitted at this event.
- CampFire is a 100% sober event. Please respect this. CampFire is a clear-headed and focused environment to grow as performers.
- All vendors must be approved prior to the event. For more information, click the vendor tab at the top of this page.
- A professional medical team will be on hand.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Tents, tarps, and stakes
- All weather sleeping gear
- Rain Gear (workshops will be held rain or shine)
- Food & Snacks
- Drinking water and container
- Sun Screen
- Bug Spray
- Head Lamp/Flash Light
- Clothing: for ALL weather conditions
- Workshop, dance, and yoga comfort clothes; Fun and funky clothes for play
- Performance Gear: Props, Fuel, appropriate Clothing, and Safety Items (see Fire Rules)
- Drums if you want to play
- Sitting Chairs
- Ear Plugs – music will be going until 1 am
- Garbage bags – CampFire is a leave no trace event.
- Yoga mats
- MUSIC, DRUMMING, and LATE NIGHT NOISE – DJs will be provided for Open Fire Jams. Performance groups are welcome to bring their own music, email us for further details on how to submit music. There will be opportunities for drumming, so bring a drum if you want to play. Out of respect for other campers, all participants, and venue neighbors, there will be designated late night quiet times. To ensure on-going events, we must be responsible about our noise levels.
- This event is designed for adult participants. Children are welcome to attend, under the strict supervision of a parent. If a child is found unsupervised, the parent will receive one warning, and if found unsupervised a second time, those involved will be asked to leave. All participants are asked to report any unsupervised children, dangerous behaviors, or hazardous situations to any event facilitator. It is the parent’s decision to bring a child, and expose them to the adult activities and potentially dangerous nature of this event. NO children under the age of 15 will be allowed unless approval has been given.
- CampFire continues to grow and thrive every single year thanks to you! We appreciate and love all of you!
- Thank you and welcome to CampFire!